The bottom line to everything on this planet is “Energy”. Everything is energy, including us. As Humans we look at the world and understand our live’s mechanism as corporal, therefore, we assume that change is difficult and sometimes impossible.
However, in the world of Energy change is as simple as making a new decision, deciding to look at something differently and believing in our power as a Being of Energy, to create a new personal and global world.
So lets begin this writing discussing deciding to look at something differently…sounds simple? Well, when you get the hang of it…it is. The biggest stumbling block is getting past all prior experiences.
We as a species have a great barrier to change. We hold onto the past and continue to create and re-create the same experiences over and over again. It is not so easy to look back and evaluate our beliefs and concepts as being old and out-dated…mainly because we have ingrained responses to the choices we have made, as well as, the choices we have been taught to make. We are a society of ‘history’ in our behavior and beliefs.
Therefore, deciding to look at something differently is a huge step forward. That step may feel uncomfortable…but it brings great rewards. We begin by making the decision to see things differently. It really is that simple….just decide that from this point forward you are going to view the world and all of your experiences through ‘rose colored glasses’ or any color you choose!
The key element here is to recognize that you are creating your world differently and that you are the CREATOR! This is your world and your experience. It does not rely on others to determine how you choose to feel about something. Once you get that step down, the rest becomes a cake walk.
So here is an exercise….
1) What experience in your life is causing you turmoil?
2) Write down all your thoughts and feelings about that experience.
3) Some of these thoughts are old and outdated or your history has embedding them into your world. Cross off and release (as in part 1) anything that does not resonate with you any longer.
4) Review what is left…and determine what no longer fits, cross off and release those.
5) Re-review the remaining….this is where it gets good….beside each of the remaining, write out the opposite of this experience.
6) Sit with that ‘opposite’ saying it over and over again to yourself until it begins to feel “right”.
7) Now make a conscious choice to only embrace the new statement….notice what feels differently for you.
From this point forward you have chosen to experience this particular situation or experience…NEWLY.
See Part 3 , Believe in your power, next week.